Just been checking out some of the events that the charity Oxfam is organising this year, particularly in the UK, where I live. Loads of opportunities to get involved:
- Trailwalker – a team fundraising event organised by the Gurkhas, that requires participants to cover 100Km across the South Downs in 30 hours or less;
- Trailtrekker – a similar event, run by volunteers, in the North of England;
- Water Week – encouraging young people to think about global issues, and become more responsible citizens;
- Big Zoom – for the under-fives, a chance to raise money using all kinds of wheeled vehicles;
- And in common with many other charities, Oxfam is supporting this year’s Gold Challenge – which includes an Olympic Sport Challenge, gym time-trials and a 2012Km challenge.
For information on these and other activities, go to http://www.oxfam.org.uk.